PHIUS has been training Certified Passive House Consultants since 2008! CPHC is a registered certification mark for professionals working in the field of passive building design and consulting, which helps building professionals build confidence in the marketplace for their customers.
In those seven years since the CPHC program started, passive building science has changed substantially — and will certainly continue to evolve. The CPHC CEU program was established in 2012 in order to assure that CPHCs keep pace with changes & updates in tools, standards, materials and more.
If you’re a current CPHC, who was trained by PHIUS in 2012 or earlier, it might be time to renew your accreditation. Since the CEU program was announced in 2012 a number of events, webinars & trainings have qualified for CPHC CEUs. Here’s a few big ways in which CPHCs may renew their certification:
- Complete a PHIUS+ Certified Passive House Project!
- The lead CPHC on a PHIUS+ (fully certified) project, earns a 3-year extension of their CPHC credentials.
- Earn 36 CPHC continuing education units every 3 years. Here’s a selection of opportunities to earn those credits:
- Attend Conference!
- Attendees of the Annual North American Passive House Conference earn ~14 units for the Core Conference. (If you attended both the Pittsburgh (2013) (12 CPHC CEUs) and San Francisco (2014) (14 CPHC CEUs) conferences you’ve already earned 26 CEUs!)
- Special deal — this year only. If you’re coming up on your CPHC renewal date in July 2015, but are planning on attending NAPHC2015 in Chicago in September 2015, you may elect to use your 14 credits to-be-earned now. Register by the early bird deadline of July 15, 2015 to cash in on this opportunity.
- Show up to Conference early, as Pre-Conference sessions qualify for CEUs at the rate of one unit per hour of instruction. 1/2 day, full day and 2-day session schedule has been announced & registration is open!
- CPHC Refresher Course — Limited Time Only!
- Earn 24 CPHC CEUs while watching 24 hours of the most up-to-date CPHC curriculum, and accompanying reading materials and “homework” assignments. Learn at your own pace, with a 6-week access pass.
- This material is only available for a limited time, and is available exclusively to CPHCs. Register no later than July 1, access to materials expires on July 15.
- PHIUS Trainings:
- PHIUS Builders’ Training sessions earn 32 CPHC CEUs. Next training session will be announced soon!
- PHIUS+ Rater Training sessions earn 14 CPHC CEUs. Next opportunity will be this summer; dates/location to be announced soon! Rater training will also be offered during Pre-Conference, September 9-10 in Chicago, IL!
- Webinars — live & archived:
- PHAUS Members receive free access to live and archived webinar events presented at chapters nation-wide, by PHIUS Staff & other PH professionals.
- Non-members are welcome to register for live-broadcast webinars for a small fee (varies by event), as well as access past events via a Pay-Per-View webinar archive.
- More… see the Upcoming CEU Opportunities Calendar:
- Building Science Corporation hosted Building Science Fundamentals and Renovation & Rehabilitation workshops with Joe Lstiburek with several upcoming dates/locations qualify for CPHC CEUs.
- Select Heatspring courses qualify for CPHC CEUs. Check back soon for their Fall offerings that qualify.
- Attend Conference!
Please direct credit inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or refer to your quarterly CPHC CEU e-mailing, which went out on April 15. Next mailing will be shortly after July 15.