James Ortega, PHIUS Certification Staff
This year marked a major milestone in PHIUS’ history as PHIUS+ Certified and Pre-Certified projects reached over 1.2 million square feet across 1,200 units nationwide. As of the end of 2016, there are 377 total certified and submitted projects in our database.
We could not have achieved this outstanding milestone without the hard work and efforts of all the project team consultants, architects, builders, and raters that helped to get these projects off the ground. In celebration of these accomplishments, we put together a virtual map of all of the PHIUS projects that have been submitted to date.
We understand that every project has its own unique hurdles, and we want to make sure we can help you get off on the right foot each time. That’s why it’s so important that a project is submitted to PHIUS as early in the design process as possible so that our team can help guide the “make or break” decisions that affect the project’s likelihood of getting certified.When a project is submitted during, or too close to, the beginning of construction, the feedback and recommendations provided by our knowledgeable PHIUS certification staff may unfortunately already be too difficult or costly to implement.
Save yourself the time, money, and headache by submitting your project early. The PHIUS certification team is here to help you on your path to certification!
On this note, we have prepared a short list of holiday gift ideas – things that PHIUS would love to see you do before submitting a project for certification. (Hint: Pouring the slab is not one of them.)
- Read the PHIUS+ 2015 Certification Guidebook.
- Explain the difference between passive solar and passive building to a curious client.
- Refer a friend or colleague to the PHIUS website or to the new PHIUS Multifamily Resource Center to learn more about the work we do.
- Tell Certification Manager Lisa White how much you appreciate her.
- Breathe. (Since this is a fairly simple task, we would ask that you multi-task and submit your project simultaneously.)
The holidays are just around the corner, so in the spirit of giving PHIUS is asking you for the greatest gift of all: SUBMIT YOUR PROJECTS EARLY!