This past year was the start of something special at Phius.
We began 2021 by declaring a commitment to “Emissions Down, Scale Up!” and we did just that. From the Phius staff to the inaugural PhiusCon (formerly North American Passive House Conference) to the greater passive house community, we have witnessed plenty of growth over the last 12 months.
To commemorate the year that was, we have compiled some of the accomplishments from 2021 that we and dedicated professionals like you have accomplished together.
- We safely hosted a sold-out PhiusCon in Tarrytown, New York, which created a substantial wave of momentum throughout the industry as we charge into 2022. We also announced PhiusCon 2022 will be taking place Oct. 25-28 in Chicago.
- We successfully launched an Intro to THERM Workshop and WUFI Passive for Beginners training in 2021. We plan to launch several more to continue spreading knowledge in 2022.
- We welcomed five new members to the Phius team last year, adding to the tremendous and ongoing growth of the Phius staff. We’re thrilled to have John, Tony, Max, Josh and David on board!
- We began the transformation of the Phius brand as we work to scale up. There is much more to come in 2022 with the launch of our brand new website and Phius portal, both of which will help us continue to grow passive house.
- The Phius Alliance activated the Southern region, including the addition of our brand new Houston Chapter! This movement fueled our decision to host PhiusCon 2023 in Houston, so get ready for Phius to head south next year.
- A number of bills were passed aimed at reducing the use of natural gas in the built environment, including a significant piece of legislation recently in New York City.
- We went global as we hosted the first-ever Phius CPHC training and certification exam in Japan in partnership with PHIJP! We have also created a Japanese version of our criteria calculator to provide those professionals with all the tools they will need.
- We celebrated the top passive house projects in our annual Phius Passive Projects Design Competition! We are always grateful to the teams who submit their wonderful projects, and we were once again blown away by the ingenuity of all the submissions. The projects were so impressive this year, that our distinguished panel of judges named two winners of Best Overall Project: Solis and McQuesten Lofts.
- We had more than 1.8 million square feet of submitted projects in 2021, and we look forward to blowing past the 2 million mark in 2022.
We are proud of what we have accomplished, but we are nowhere near satisfied. There is so much work to be done, and we look forward to rolling up our sleeves and working hard to ensure that this list is twice as long next year.